Bookcafe

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

How to Upgrade Your Laptop’s Hard Drive to SSD

I just bought Apacer Panther AS340 240GB SSD and I want to use it to upgrade my Dell Inspiron N4010 hardisk. You can get the SSD with attractive price and warranty HERE. For me, the best thing about Apacer it that you can verify your purchased product in their website by key in the part number and serial number


This Apacer SSD is not coming with cloning software however, we can use a freeware called AOMEI Backupper Standard that can be downloaded at https://www.backup-utility.com/download.html

At the website it will teach you how to use the freeware to clone your existing hardisk to your SSD

To begin with, I connect my new SSD to my Dell laptop using Sata to USB cable that can be bought HERE through the laptop USB port to facilitate the cloning process.

AOMEI Backupper Standard can clone only the entire hardisk and you need to buy the professional version to get more features.
After successfully cloning my hardisk, i need to disassemble my laptop and the difficult part is that the hardisk of the laptop located under the motherboard and I cannot find a way to open except I need to disassemble the laptop.

When you disassemble the laptop, please make sure the cables and the original position of the screws.
I need to take out the entire motherboard so that i can take out the old hardisk and put in the new SSD.

After completing the assembly of the laptop, I power on the laptop and the Windows 10 boot process become much more quicker compare with the previous one and all the original files are still available and intact.

No comments:

Post a Comment